Friday, August 19, 2011

A Jenn Recommend: Soulshaping, a beautiful book


Every once in a while, I'll come across a piece of literature that touches me deeply. Such is the case with Soulshaping: A Journey of Self-Creation, by Jeff Brown. He shares his soulful journey from the "School of Heart Knocks." And the reader is privileged to walk with him through his unfolding story that is sure to open many hearts. He writes, "To craft the truest image, we need to make soul-tracking fundamental to our daily consciousness. And we need to develop and utilize our inner tools. The most important tool is schtuscle - inner muscle, the soul-driven determination to overcome whatever obstacles come our way. Without schtuscle, and lots of it, we're not getting home." He adds, "At the heart of the challenge is the courage to be vulnerable. Although the world rewards insensitivity with the spoils of war, it takes more courage to surrender than to numb. So often our most damaged people are the most advanced and feeling souls. They feel everything and are more strongly impacted by the disparity between an authentic life and the falsified energy of the world. We have to never surrender our right to surrender."

I was so touched by his story and his sharing, by his wit and his courage that I contacted him a couple of weeks ago. I had a soulful phone conversation with him earlier this week, and I have to tell you, the energy sparked from our talk tiddlywinked new growth and self-creation momentum in me. He's a very special person, and his work is nothing short of brilliant. He speaks of the stuff that we all know is the truth deep down, but he's the only one I hear singing it from the mountaintops. And with a skill in witty, salient articulation that will grab your soul's attention. I hope you give yourself the opportunity to read his writing, either through his book, or on his website: www.soulshaping.com. Trust me; you will be so glad that you did.

No comments: